New fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottm84

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, looking for ideas on some new fish to add to a 50 gallon soft coral set up. I already have a small pair of clowns. I'm aware my choices are limited with size and softies but I'm sure there is something out there people have experiences with. I plan on adding a cleaner shrimp and or a peppermint and hopefully a small star fish eventually. Any ideas welcome, thanks :)

Scottm84 said:
I have considered that because I do love them but I've read they have a tendency to pick at softies?

I wouldn't risk it. Had a dwarf angel in my 55, ate a bunch of my corals. Just yesterday had to dismantle all the rock to catch it a and put it qt tank until my 30gal is finished cycling. What a pain that was!! :(

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well its a 50/50 chance.... Is not the flame then how about a blenny or goby?

Yes!! Starry blennies are very cute :) Anthias are pretty and are out and about all the time. Royal grammas are colorful, but tend to hide a lot. Chalk bass are pretty, I've heard they are out a good bit after they get comfortable. I love my bangaii cardinals, don't swim around a lot, but are always front and center and visible. Orange stripe cardinals can add some color. If you have a lid, you could add color with a flame hawkfish.

An algae blenny is a good possibility. I will look into the rest of your suggestions, they sound promising. Think I'll give the flame a miss :( I really wanted a purple fire fish but don't have a lid on the tank.

My vote is a Pistol Shrimp/Yasha Goby combo. The relationship they form is very interesting to watch.

Back
Top Bottom