New fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alcalavicci

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, first time poster hoping for some seasoned advice. I currently have a 240 litre tank occupied by 3 bronze cory, 3 pepper cory, 1 bristlenose, 7 harlequins, 3 tiger barbs, 6 gold barbs and 2 gouramis (1 small yellow and 1 big blue). My question is can I add any more fish and if so could you recommend a biggish type that would be ok with what's in there.
Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Hi all, first time poster hoping for some seasoned advice. I currently have a 240 litre tank occupied by 3 bronze cory, 3 pepper cory, 1 bristlenose, 7 harlequins, 3 tiger barbs, 6 gold barbs and 2 gouramis (1 small yellow and 1 big blue). My question is can I add any more fish and if so could you recommend a biggish type that would be ok with what's in there.
Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Finish your Cory schools to 5+ along with the tiger barbs. If you want something big and peaceful you could look into a firemouth cichlid.

Caleb

Check on aqadvisor.com.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Finish your Cory schools to 5+ along with the tiger barbs. If you want something big and peaceful you could look into a firemouth cichlid.

Caleb

Don't get a firemouth. Mine was a real D**k. They get very aggressive when they mature. A keyhole cichlid would be better

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Don't get a firemouth. Mine was a real D**k. They get very aggressive when they mature. A keyhole cichlid would be better

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I've heard plenty of stories of them being fine in community tanks... there is always exceptions and outliers though no matter the fish.

Caleb

You're absolutely right. Every animal is different. But I would still do keyholes due to how peaceful they are

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Keyholes are very nice too don't get me wrong.

Caleb

My keyhole looks tough but is a big baby. He lives with 1oto, 6 panda corydora, 3 angelicus botia loaches , 1 yoyo loach.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430964330620.jpg
    1430964330620.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 64
Thanks all for replying. I've never heard of firemouths or keyholes before but they both look very nice fish, at the moment my tank is very yellow dominated in colour due to the gold barbs so something with a bit of red or orange would be welcomed. I will definitely get more corys and tiger barbs and start researching the firemouth and keyhole.

Hi again, I've spent most of today travelling around my local and not so local pet shops enquiring about cichlids. I have arrived at a list off various shops of cichlids they either have or can get and was wondering what your opinions of them are as I have never kept cichlids of any kind.
It's not a huge list as it's only what's available locally. Any advice would be great and apologies if I misspell or duplicate any.

African butterfly
Chocolate cichlid
Cupid cichlid
Cutters cichlid
Dwarf flag
Golden dwarf
Goldeneye
Macaw
Macmasters
Rainbow
T bar
Salvini