New fish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrawberryBlonde7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought a yellow watchman goby on 8/26 a few days ago, he has or eaten yet, I'm concerned because his stomach is bait concave, I didn't notiice when I picked him up and stupid me for got to ask them to feed him first. Sigh anything I can do?

Try some different frozen foods thawed out and try to target feed it. Once you find something it likes stick to that for a few days then start mixing it up to see if it will eat other foods. When I got my starry blennie he went on a hunger strike and the only thing he would eat was spirulina brine shrimp. Now he is a little pig and fat!!!!

There are other fish , three blue reef chromis, mated clowns, mated firefish, starry Bennie All the others are eating like pigs

I mixed frozen daphnia, mysis shrimp and brine shrimp and have been trying to target feed but he is too scared and just hides in his hole even if I make some go in the hole he doesn't eat it.

Have you tried adding a little garlic concentrate to the food? My YWG stays in his burrow at mealtime. But I turn off all the PH for few minutes before chow time, kinda announces that's it's dinner time. Then all the residents come out. The YWG stays at entrance to burrow and I use turkey Baster to put food into his burrow. I put a lot down there cuz the pistol shrimp eats it too. I leave the PH off for about 5 min, then turn them back on. So far, my goby has been healthy feeding him this way. Hope your little guy gets to eating soon!

Woohoo !!!! finally started to eat today what a sigh of relief 5 days of a hunger strike lets hope I can get his little concave belly round ! Thanks

StrawberryBlonde7 said:
Woohoo !!!! finally started to eat today what a sigh of relief 5 days of a hunger strike lets hope I can get his little concave belly round ! Thanks

Yea!!!!! Now stuff him like a thanksgiving turkey!! Lol

I am hoping this is normal but am still new at this. Being a nurse i dont think it is normal. When he eats brine shrimp it comes back out his gills!!! ?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
StrawberryBlonde7 said:
I am hoping this is normal but am still new at this. Being a nurse i dont think it is normal. When he eats brine shrimp it comes back out his gills!!! ?!?!?!

Are goby sand sifters? I know some reef fish do fire it back out their gills, but I'm not sure which, I only keep freshwater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom