New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-words

Aquarium Advice Freak
Going fish shopping in the morning hope to get the following:
2 zebra barred goby/ dartfish
2 or 4 1"1/2" clowns not sure what type
2 purple firefish
Copper band butterfly

The copper band I know can be a fussy eater. The current live stock is:
Powder blue tang
Foxface
Cleaner wrasse
2 cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp

Every thing sound good Any glitches I may encounter with the new live stock all can go in the same qt it's 30 gal. DT is 175gal bow front. Thanks

IMO that's to many at once. sorry i know thats not what you want to hear. go slow it's better for every thing

Adding that many fish at once will stress your system (that is a huge bioload increase, may even cause a mini cycle till the beneficial bacteria catch up) and it will stress your fish. You are planning on basically doubling your livestock with that list. That powder blue is pretty sensitive. I would add one or two fish at a time. It's better for everyone.

Thumbs up for running a QT though!

The powder seams to be one of the strongest actually. I knowingly over feed so there should be more beneficial bacteria. I would imagine from earlyer when I had more fish it would still be there. I plan daily pwc in the qt it's 30 gal so should be good to go had LR in there for months ( sump on DT is full of rock now) would the qt be over crowded?

So what you're asking isn't whether adding 7 (or 9?) fish to your 175 gallon display tank at one time will cause problems but whether it's a good idea to place those 7 (or 9?) fish in a 30 gallon tank for 4 weeks while you quarantine?

Back from lfs only got 4 fish 2 clowns and 2 zebra bared dart fish. I meant the qt

the zebra barred are hiding clowns are out so hear you go

Attachments

• IMG_5504.jpg
    IMG_5504.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5505.jpg
    IMG_5505.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 175
everybody looks to be going great. the zebras came out sort of got a few pics of them

Attachments

• IMG_5506.jpg
    IMG_5506.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5507.jpg
    IMG_5507.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom