New Fluval Roma 125l purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nano Nick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I have just purchased the above tank (new) which I plan to use as a marine tank (upgrading from my current 65l tank). However I think I may have errored. I dont think it is very suited to marine. It has no flaps to insert the pipes from the external filter (got a fluval 206 external) so I suppose I will have to cut some holes in the lid, but my main concern is the fitting of a skimmer.
I wanted everything to be fully enclosed (ie an internal skimmer). My LFS is trying to sell me a v2 skim 200 compact but I have also been looking at the aquamedic turboflotor 500 and the tunze 9002 but due to the huge plastic rim thing around the top of the tank and the very restrictive lighting arrangement, I'm not sure any of them will fit :(. I really have no clue as to which skimmer to get. Is anyone familiar with this problem?
This is turning into a nightmare :facepalm:. Does anyone else use this tank as a marine WITH AN INTERNAL SKIMMER. Is there one that fits. All I'm bothered about is it being quiet / totally enclosed (otherwise the missus is gonna go nuts).
Any help / advice / photos would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Nick.

Back
Top Bottom