New freshwater setup, 4 newcomers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey, what about we look at something else? like, what CAN u put in there? how bout u take a gander at small fish like bettas, or guppies, or a mix of schooling fish like neons and barbs? xx

Hi there,
I don't think you got bad advice about keeping them together. Kissing gouramis and fancy goldfish have a wide temperature range, kissers from 72-82 F and fancies 66-76 F, so you have some overlapping room that makes them somewhat temperature compatible.

Unfortunately your tank is severely overstocked. Judging from the size it does look around 3-8 Gallons. Do you have plan to rehome them, upgrade the tank or give them back to the farm. I use this calculator to calculate the exact volume of the tank.

http://www.angelfish.net/tankvolcalc.php

When i had kissing gouramis they didn't get very big. I think it takes a longggg time for them to get that big, but they do need a larger tank with a heater, because goldfish and kissing gouramis call for different temp.s. good luck with them! :)

Back
Top Bottom