New Guy to Salt Water should I do Fish Only or Coral also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heerism

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 50 gallon tank and plan on buying all the equipment necessary to start a good salt water tank, this is my first salt water attempt so I am curious if I should first try a fish only tank and then do live coral or if live coral is not that much harder and just jump right in?

Do fish only with live rock for right now. Then as you get established you can start getting some of the harder things like corals. Besides, you need to have a well established tanks before you start talking coral anyway.

corals are more sensitive. start with a fowlr and then move up. If you plan wisely with your setup it won't be hard to switch.

I am doing the same thing right now I have my FOWLR and I bought the lights for coral. After I get the hang of FOWLR I am going to start with some soft corals.

coral isnt that hard.... ive had many fish die, but not a single coral. Just wait 5-6 months until your tank is established and stable. Save your pennies and buy a good lighting system.

Back
Top Bottom