New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a few fish. The tang will probably be traded in. It is mainly like 4-5 small fish and lots of cleanup crew. My water stays pristine. Nitrate isn't high or anything. Test it frequently. Fish eat good and all.

I'm experiencing the same thing, I have a 55 gallon reef aquarium. I'm a beginner and I've found out its costly and all the fish I want can't go in my aquarium!!! I plan to upgrade my aquarium, but I'm gonna go big so I can be done with the wishful thinking. In the mean time I'm taking it slow to gain more experience with my aquarium and build good husbandry habits!

Yea I think I am gonna keep my 40 breeder and slowly work on a big tank and trade my yellow tang in now until I get a big tank done then I can always buy another one. I will just have small fish in there then and those arnt much. The 40 breeder is a nice tank to have so I am gonna make good use of it lol.

Good call! I found i need to keep my water level a bit lower as the rim i have on my 40 breeder is loose and creeping salt and slow leaks between the rim and the lip of the tank

Yea I keep mine just below the rim. I have more live rock ordered and my other 2 fish o finish off the tank until i decide to go coral here soon.

I will have a white tale Pygmy angel and a dwarf lion fish. All together it will have 2 false percula clowns, 1 fuzzy dwarf lion, 1 white tail Pygmy angel, and one red stripe high fin goby and clean up crew. Plus I have a aqua c skimmer, I have my reef octopus hong on back refugium on its way and a big filter so should be good. My water already stays really good without the skimmer and stuff now. And I have 25 lbs more of live rock(ultra Fiji) on its way.

A dwarf lionfish? How big? Id say goodbye to all your clean up crew. Hes gonna eat all your snails and shrimps and inverts once hes big enough. I would not put a dwarf lion there man 40 breeder is still a bit to small in my opinion.

Only reason I am getting one is because a lot if people on here have really nice 40 gallon breeders with a dwarf in there and they do great they said. The one I'm getting is small. They said they haven't had any issues with them in their 40. Worst comes to worst trade it in I guess.

Yeah, i just dont want u to buy any nice shrimp crabs or snails theyre gonna be toast and ull have lost some $$

Yea I know what u mean. Just have to keep a eye out and see how it goes. Thanks man for te advice. I'll watch them close.

Yeah no problem man. Try to train your lion on frozen might work, they are really messy eaters! If u dnt mind my asking which protein skimmer did u get?

Yea I planned on training it on frozen food. I bought the aqua c skimmer with the maxi jet 1200 pump. I also bout a hang on back refugium from reef octopus to go on the tank as well. I should have a nice setup then. Water and all should stay really good!

Awesome! How is the wieght gonna be on the back of your tank? That sounds heavy..

In don't think it will be to bad. If it is I will make a brace for it all. If anything maybe brace the refugium since it will have live rock small chunks.

Good idea ! Ive just seen a friend of mines tank get destroyed that way, he had a 24" hooked on refugium on a 36" tank along with a ac 70, it was a 35 gallon, and crack. The whole back wall broke right off from the top down, mind you it was an old tank

I have a 40 gallon breeder with a cascade 1500 canister filter on it. It is made to filter a 125 gallon so it moves water pretty good. Do I need to add power heads to my tank also? If so how many? I was looking at the koralia 240 gph ones. I plan on going to a 75 gallon later this year if I can find a good deal on a tank with a built in corner overflow.

Get a powerhead that is about 1000gph for a reef tank u want to aim for 30-40x display volume of turnovern in your display. If your keeping high end lps and nems

Back
Top Bottom