New Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Missmattydale

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello fellow fish enthusiasts! I just joined Aquarium Advice so I can talk to other people who enjoy fish. My wife really doesn't understand but is humoring me!

So I do have a question for you all - I set up my tank a couple of months ago (15 gallon) and started out with six silver tip tetras. Later added two Cory cats.

About a week ago I got two lyre tail mollies to complete my community. The mollies are gorgeous! But so far they are mostly hiding from those feisty tetras! Haven't seen them at the top feeding yet. ( I have live plants, artificial plants and a big chunk of aquarium wood in there.). It took the tetras a couple of weeks to feel comfortable enough to eat.

What I'm wondering is whether the tetras are just too wild for my mollies. They aren't chasing them but they do really zoom around and dominate the tank. Any experiences with these silver tips?

Thanks!

Missmattydale

Welcome! I don't know much about silver tips, but I think cories prefer to be in groups of at LEAST four. Could you post some pictures of your tank?

New Here

Hi I included a photo with my post, I wonder where it went!

Wow, 4 Cory cats? They are doing well in their two-some. The fish store person told me I needed at least 3'of the tetras better with 6.

I'm attaching the photo again.

Anne

I had a Molly that went into hiding for no apparent reason after about 6 months on the same tank with the same tank mates. She just started living in the volcano decoration. She came out to eat only at night. Each fish has their own personality. Sometimes you end up with a few you never get to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi. welcome to Aquarium Advice! It really is fun to have others here to ask advice and share with. As for the photos, I believe these forums require a certain amount of posts before you can put up a photo. There is a good site which is very helpful with proper stocking of a tank called Aqadvisor.com. As far as your question, don't know the answer. All I know is cory cats are a Arecschooling fish and need to be in groups of at least 6. Imnot suggesting you put 6 in your 15 gallon tank because it's probably not big enough for 6. aqadvisor is good for that. So enjoy the fish and the place here. Oh, and everyone new gets told not to listen to advice from people at the fish store. Better to do your own research and ask questions here. ?.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom