New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ojames2010

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone my name is James and I am somewhat new to the world of fish keeping, I bought a black moor about 3 months ago and sense cycling the tank have slowly added a calico fantail, 2 platys and 2 ghost shrimp today, I never realized how much I would love aquariums and fish keeping I literally am now addicting to it hope to learn some great things on here thanks!

Hello and welcome! You've got a very beautiful little fish there :) what size tank is he in currently? It looks to be just a bit on the small side to me. If you could upgrade him, a 40 gallon would give him lots more space to swim about and will help maintain water quality!

It's only 10 gallons (which is all I could currently afford) I am looking into much bigger options for my tank probably something second hand as it would be a cheaper price

Ok scratch that I went in to look at them and one of the new platys is ripped in half and I can't find one if the shrimp I think my Moore and calico are a little territorial

I once had a black moor destroy all the fins on my oranda. I don't trust them.

The moor and calico are both much larger then the platy was so I thought it might happen but I was hopeful

Hello James welcome
Depending on compatibility charts is safer than fish per gallon
Poor fishy
Get him out into a safe tank
First fish lesson
-Where is my back up tank?

Ya as of last night the only thing I can find in my tank is one of the platy, the other 2 ghost shrimp are no where to be found so either they escaped or were eaten as well

Is the moor still alive?

The moor is fine as well as the fantail they have been tankmates sense almost day one and have always gotten along, only one platy survived and I have sense transferred him into a large fish bowl separate until maybe he gets larger or idk lol

Back
Top Bottom