New. Hi all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishygal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Don't know if my first thread posted. My phone was taking a long time to download it and I cancelled :( But, anyway, I started my tank about 5 months ago. Have been using google to find answers to my questions and finally decided to join this forum. It always pops up on google.

I have a 20gal FW which has been doing well and the fish seem happy. I've recently been having an issue with white hair algae. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Welcome to AA! :)

I can't say that I'm familiar with white hair algae.... would you happen to have a pic?

HN1 said:
Welcome to AA! :)

I can't say that I'm familiar with white hair algae.... would you happen to have a pic?

I will try to get a pic. It's pretty clean right now. Saw some starting to grow yesterday. I googled it and that was what I came up with. It's like white fuzzy hair growing in the rocks around the edge of the tank.

HN1 - here are some pics. It's mainly on the edges near the rocks and on my plants. I scraped some off with my net and that's what u see on the filter intake. A few drops of algae destroyer weekly help minimize it. But my catfish don't like more than a few drops at a time. I don't blame the poor lil guys :(

Attachments

• image-3729423950.jpg
    image-3729423950.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3561655482.jpg
    image-3561655482.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2966180118.jpg
    image-2966180118.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom