New Hobby for son

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Walmart has a 10gallon aquarium with hood and light for 20$ and an extra 15 bucks for a aqua-tech fifteen gallon filter, all in all it should run about 34 dollars, a air pump is a good idea to, I'm on a super tight budget, I Just watch DIY videos on YouTube and make what I need with what I have, hope I helped!

Very good points.

Another very good option is to look on craigslist. Resale value on aquarium parts and equipment is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-50% of retail cost.

fort384 said:
Very good points.

Another very good option is to look on craigslist. Resale value on aquarium parts and equipment is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-50% of retail cost.

I actually found my 55gallon on Craig's list, it was a pet shop going out of business and I only paid 25 bucks for it, it was definitely a good buy, they had a 40 gallon for 15 and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it lol

Welcome!
I agree with the people who said craigslist so many deals I'm working on a 2 25 gallon tanks with the hood for $30 :) compared to $200 plus that 2 25 gallon tanks cost in stores

Very good points.

Also in some Areas there is "Freecycle", someone is always giving away tanks and additional equipment. I try to take the Leaky ones repair them (use them a while) and either repost to Freecycle or sell on Craigslist for a highly discounted rate. Mostly I just try to cover the silicone costs. If you search deals are out there.

Back
Top Bottom