New home for fish, but there's a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

physicsdude

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I moved a snakeskin gourami over to a smaller tank cause he was too aggressive with his tankmates. yet, now he hides alot by the filter intake pipe. Any way I could draw him out? I got the lights off, but its like hes scared or something since his color's off. Anything special you guys do to relieve the stress when bumping one fish to another tank?

Give the fish a few days to settle in, it's most likely just the unfamiliar environment that's causing the fish to act "scared". Providing planty of cover (heavily planted tank-wise) is helpful.

Maybe rearrange the decorations since that will make the other tankmates lose any established territory. What are the other fish in the tank?

none at the moment. i have a sick red tail shark that will be his tankmate. eventually, maybe a couple other fish. i turned the lights off too. i hope he does better. i also plan on getting background for the tank as well

I'd say its just where he's been introduced into a new tank thast unfamiliar to him, ive it some time and see if he comes around, I had a bala shark do that when I moved him into another tank. The only thing different was he would watch himsel fin the glass in the back and swim up and down watching it, h eeventully developed a severe case o fick that I wasn't able to cure and he sadly passed on, so keepp your eyes out for signs of illness.

Is the water conditions the same? Plants are natural cover for fish, get a background as soon as you can. You want a fish to feeeeel secure

its a 10 gallon tank. there's 3 amazon sword cuttings from my main tank in there. yes, i will keep any eye out for disease. the thought of him becoming ill makes me worry; hes such a beautiful fish with a personality. yea, i will make a point to buy a background for him on monday. all is the same. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are norm. temps are almost the same; i acclimated him though slowly in bag though.

Back
Top Bottom