New in the forum(hi!), new at fishless cycling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peepsdayz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello y'all!!

I want to start by saying that this forum has given me a lot of good info on how to start my fishless cycle, i'm new in the hobby, this is the tank i started with:

photo.JPG

its a 65g, aquatop canister filter, 250w heater, 2 marineland reef capable 36" (one was too narrow for my tank) Pressurized Co2 (not on at the moment).

I started with the one a only bacteria and i'm dossing the Dr tim's ammonium chloride.

Here are my parameters so far, nitrite is very high hoping it gets lower soon.
also a got a bit of algae on my tank due to the lights which i'm turning off now.

I will let you guys know how it goes! again thanks for a great forum with tons of good info!

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-20%20at%205.00.22%20PM.png

I agree about the aquascape; it would look great with some reddish plants like crytpocoryne wendtii 'mi oya', cabomba furcata, and hygrophila polysperma 'sunset'.

Thanks for your kind words!!

My tank is now cycled!!! :) , 0 Ammonia and nitrites for 6 days dosing ammonia daily, BUT, i got now an algae problem on my hands, they are long green strings that wrap around the plants (Java and weeping moss mostly) also my driftwood has developed a white cotton like substance on top of it.

Anyone got any advise on how to treat it? here are some pics. thanks for the help :thanks:

photo%201.JPG
photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG
photo%204.JPG

Back
Top Bottom