new java wall adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i did some research and the java wall that i have right now i guess will die because as it grows it has nothing to attach to and eventually will sufficate so i have ran different options through my mind and came up with a slate java wall.... and today is the day that i start this adventure... follow this thread as i will be posting pics and seeing if this really will work any questions or advice please post and i will comment back... have a god day and wish me luck

Just finished cleaning the slate now I'm going to take down old java wall that won't be fun lol

Because it will keep growing around itself and the java moss that's in the middle gets no light or water flow causing it to rot and die

I could see that happening if it was left growing for a really long time but if you have a good water flow to it, it'll grow outwards and can be trimmed accordingly. FWIW I've got java moss in a lot of tanks and have never had any go brown and die like that.

I dont know if its the java walls that have this issue due to the fact that its compact and u restrict water flow when it grows out but that's what I found was happening to other peoples java walls so I changed it

Back
Top Bottom