New Juwel Vision planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Next time you should use garlic extract kent marine garlic extract works wonders and its,for both fresh n salty, it will make the fish want to eat

abrahamavelar said:
Next time you should use garlic extract kent marine garlic extract works wonders and its,for both fresh n salty, it will make the fish want to eat

I will try that next time, although when I brought them they were already pretty emaciated :(

Haven't updated in a while
I added 2 german blue rams and 1 bolivian ram(will get a mate soon), and I also added some more plants.

image-2059354292.jpg

image-183447115.jpg

image-1826386921.jpg

Again, sorry about the glare :(

Aquarium_Lover04 said:
Haven't updated in a while
I added 2 german blue rams and 1 bolivian ram(will get a mate soon), and I also added some more plants.

Again, sorry about the glare :(

I have 2 rams they are beautiful fish

Haven't updated in a while so I thought I would let everyone one know that I bought 8 more columbian tetras today(total of 20) and another bolivian ram. I have also put in lots more plants, and I am getting my first group of discus this weekend so I will post up some photos next week after they settle in a little.
For anyone that's interested I have a youtube channel where I post up videos regularly of the tanks progress:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AquariumLover4

I bought my first discus yesterday!! I decided to start with 2 blue turqs and 2 red turqs, and in about 2-3 weeks i will be getting some more. They are still quite skittish so I couldn't get any close up photos but I uploaded a video to my youtube channel of me releasing them into the tank:

Bad news today, i found one of my Bolivian rams deceased :(
I'm not quite sure why though, he was eating well and he didn't look like he had any parasites on him when I got him out. Other than that, the new discus are all accepting food although they are still quite cautious and tend to hide in the plants on the right side of the tank. Hopefully I will see them swimming around a bit more in the next week or so. :)

Aquarium_Lover04 said:
Bad news today, i found one of my Bolivian rams deceased :(
I'm not quite sure why though, he was eating well and he didn't look like he had any parasites on him when I got him out. Other than that, the new discus are all accepting food although they are still quite cautious and tend to hide in the plants on the right side of the tank. Hopefully I will see them swimming around a bit more in the next week or so. :)

I have heard in the us the rams you get are a lot harder to keep I don't no why, but the rams we get in Europe are perfect and are bred differently

Looking good ...i love my Juwel Vision 450. I bread neon blue rams and german blue rams and in all honesty they are very hardy fish under the correct conditions.

Things to look for in un healthy ones are pretty obvious like White spot, concave abdomen, pop eye and abscesses. I have yet to be able to save any Ram with pop eye and abscesses, I've tried
EVERYTHING without any luck, if anyone has had any luck in treating pop eye or abscesses in Rams please let me know.

img_1694836_0_9f3e5b9574b80c2de8b483c45768d96b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom