New layout planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
ForumRunner_20140313_162248.jpg

ForumRunner_20140313_162223.jpg

I cant wait till it grows in :)

I love this more than my last layout Also love the new stand.

Any thoughts? (be kind)

First of all. This is an amazing sized tank. I absolutely love the stand too.

You have some fantastic pieces of driftwood to work with. I have two friendly suggestions. First, if I owned those marvelously branched pieces of driftwood, I would flip those things upside down to make the root systems look like tree branches, and tie java moss to them. But that's just my personal quirk... I totally love the - "how in the world do you have a tree growing in your aquarium" look. To flip them inside down and hold them in place, you may need to mount them to slate.

Second, regardless of whether I flipped them, I would cluster two of them close together and leave the third far away.

Yeah I agree about the tree in your tank look. I did that in my last hospital tank and It looked fab, but thats the only reason why I diddnt do it (because I have tried it before).

Thanks for the compliments.

It feels like I have waited ages to do the tank coz we had a move and then had to wait till we were settled and then had to wait another 5 days! for the redmoor wood to sink.

That makes complete sense. Also, with the layout you decided, you don't have to worry about scale. With the trees, I think large leafy plants can throw off the desired look. Having it the way you are doing now opens up a wider selection of plants and textures, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom