New Life Spectrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been using NLS cichlid formula for my mbuna tank for quite a while now with great success. Other so called "cichlid foods" tended to give them malawi bloat. Well, for some reason I've never gotten around to trying NLS on my community tank.

I've got a breeding pair of angels, some rasboras, neons, and corys. I was thinking of getting a 5lb tub of their all purpose 1mm formula, but I'm not sure if the small fish would be able to eat it. Thing is, I do have some of their small fish formula. The tetras love it, but the angels totally ignore it. Anybody have experience in this kind of situation?

I use the NLS community pellets. My rainbows absolutely love it, but the smaller fish, tetras, etc, can't eat it, it's too big for them. They get flake and hikari micro pellets.

Sometimes it just takes time for the fish to adapt to new food. If the food is too large, crush it to a smaller size to make it more appealing.

I been feeding NLS 1 mm in my community tank for a while now with very good results. The fish gobble it up like crazy. I have almost the same fish as you, some Rummynose and Tri line sharks as well. No problems.

I feel the NLS 1mm Community and my Angels, Rummies, and Serpae's have no problem eating it. It is the only commercial food they are given.

Back
Top Bottom