New Member Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smartstuffwahoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey new friends,

I've got a 5.5gal planted freshwater tank set up with a betta, a ghost shrimp, and some nerite snails. I've been having some trouble getting the nitrogen cycle to stay balanced and the plants to thrive, so I'm here to see if I can get some specific advice.

Thanks!

Welcome! I can tell you from experience that my plants took awhile to really set up in the 5g tank I keep in the kitchen. Could be anything from just needing some mulm/fishwaste to build up in the substrate to lighting (not advocating skipping water changes or not cleaning the tank, the stuff will just eventually permeate!). Give it some time and try different species, some do better than others in the myriad conditions you can have in a tank that size.

New to saltwater

Hello everyone I’m new to this saltwater hobby. I have African Cichlids’s and kept them for over ten years now is time to move to something else. I’m starting off with a forty gallon breeder. Is there anything I should watch out for. I’m getting a trigger 30 sump

Back
Top Bottom