New member - New aquarium owner (sort of)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerifish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

My tank: 5 week old 10 gal freshwater with 3 bleeding heart tetras, 2 platys and an african dwarf frog.

My daughters tank: Established 5 gal freshwater with 3 glofish, 2 neon tetras, an albino cory cat and an adf. Perhaps a little overcrowded but I do frequent water changes and water tests come back good. Fish are active and seem happy.

I've been browsing aquarium sites for a few weeks now and found this one to be very helpful as well as user friendly so I decided to join. I had a 10 gal freshwater about 25 years ago (ouch - I just felt my age!) so I'm new to it again. I love that there's so much more access to information now than there was then - that being the stone ages before the internet!

My 8 year old daughter had a 2 1/2 gal freshwater for 2 - 3 years. It was just a small decorative tank in her bedroom - kept 2 glofish in it. In Feb of this year I decided to get a 5 gal for the living room but after I bought it I realized I'd be sorry I didn't get a bigger tank so I upgraded hers to the 5 gal (used the substrate from the smaller tank to help cycle it quicker) and got myself a 10 gal. I would like something bigger - maybe 15 or 20 gal - but that will require its own stand and our living room is at it's max furniture-wise. The 10 gal fits nicely on a bookcase I already had and doesn't seem too heavy for it. I am determined to make a bigger one work sometime down the road though. Right now just focused on getting the 10 gal established and healthy. I've already encountered what I'm pretty sure is a fungus problem. I could use some advice on that but will post a seperate note since this one is intended as an introduction and I'm a little long-winded!

I'm stuck with only a few mega pet stores in my area (not knocking them - just wish there was an "aquariums only" store with aquarium experienced employees near by) so I'm looking forward to being part of this forum, being able to get advice from experienced aquarists, and possibly helping others based on my experiences some day!

Good evening!

Welcome to AA :D Everyone here is super friendly and they'll definately help you with any questions/concerns that could come up. I just joined like 3 days ago and already feel like a part of the community :D Sounds like you have mts (multiple tank syndrome) :p Not to worry, lots of people on here do, I currently have 3 tanks lol, and after being on here long enough, you'll start learning so much and want an even bigger tank :p (I just bought a 50 gal :D)

Back
Top Bottom