The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smudger

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

Sure I'm going to be asking a few questions in the future when I can't find what I need. :facepalm:

At the minute Ive nearly done week 2 of cycling (using kleen off ammonia), tank already has lots of nitrites just waiting for the final conversion, then it's time for the fish :fish2:

I've done a lot and I mean a LOT of research prior to setting up but still don't know half of what some members on here know I'm sure.

Will post some pictures as soon as I have some.

My natural is 7.8 and steady. Should I alter it? I've read it becomes tricky to keep it balanced afterwards? As long as I properly acclimate the fish, should be fine in that yes? also from my profile, is that too many fish for the tank size? I forgot to write PYGMY corys in there.

My natural is 7.8 and steady. Should I alter it? I've read it becomes tricky to keep it balanced afterwards? As long as I properly acclimate the fish, should be fine in that yes? also from my profile, is that too many fish for the tank size? I forgot to write PYGMY corys in there.

I would avoid altering your pH. Most fish will adjust to it. An unstable pH is harder for the fish to adjust to and will not be good for them.

The pH on most of my tanks is also around 7.8 and I've kept most of the fish you have listed with no problems. I think the fish you're thinking about are ok for the most part, but I'm not 100% sure about the clown pleco. Keep in mind that most of the fish you've listed need to be kept in groups, such as the corys and otos. If you want, you could check AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor. It will list most compatibility issues and give you an idea of your stocking percentage. It is good to be around 80% stocked according to aqadvisor to provide room for error.

Thanks kirrie (y) my thinking on the clown plec was that it's one of the smallest growing, I looked into it and couldn't see any problems with compatibility, Im just not sure whether the tank would be big enough, as I would need at least 3/4 otos and at least 3/4 corys, so they wouldn't be lonely, and I would need at least 6 schooling fish. I'll check out the link you provided now :thanks:

New tank

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391074410804.jpg
    1391074410804.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 59
Did a water change this week and ph has dropped to 6.8 so I tested the water from the tap...6.8, retested the tank 24hrs later ... 6.8 :s why has my ph changed so dramatic? I heard it does alter after letting the tap water sit but mine hasn't (all this including dechlorinator) it was at 7.8 for 2 weeks, no change, until now?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom