New member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twiggins97

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! My name is Tim and I just purchased a 36 gallon bowfront tank! This is my first tank since owning a betta when I was a child. I just starting the awful cycling stage but I’m excited to start stocking! Not sure what to stock yet as I’m still doing research. All I know is I want tropical fish and I love the colorful fish. The only fish I’m really set in right now is a rainbow shark as my bottom dweller.

The general rule of thumb for largest fish you can have in your tank is taking the width of your tank and dividing it by two. So if your tank is 15" in the middle and 11" on your sides, technically it is fine in that tank however it is a bottom dwelling fish so it needs a lot of floor space as well. A longer tank would be better.
It's also territorial so keep that in mind when trying any tankmates.

Hmm, maybe I should look for something else then. Would a Bristlenose pleco be a better fit for my aquarium? I saw a beautiful albino one at the store the other day.

Back
Top Bottom