New Nano Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wheela98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I just had a couple of questions. Right now I have a 14G Freshwater tank and it's doing great! I just got into fish tanks and really love them and now I want a saltwater tank. My parents said I can only have a small one if I do get one. If I only got like 2 Small Clownfish and maybe a small goby, what size tank can I get away with? I'm hoping just a 5G or 8G. Keep in mind, I only want 2-3 small fish

Hi everyone, I just had a couple of questions. Right now I have a 14G Freshwater tank and it's doing great! I just got into fish tanks and really love them and now I want a saltwater tank. My parents said I can only have a small one if I do get one. If I only got like 2 Small Clownfish and maybe a small goby, what size tank can I get away with? I'm hoping just a 5G or 8G. Keep in mind, I only want 2-3 small fish

I have never seen a pair of clownfish in that small of a tank many people often put a pair in a ten gallon tank. But if this is your first saltwater tank remember the smaller the tank the higher spikes there are. And this can be hard especially if you've never had a saltwater tank.

Thanks for that, if i got a 10, would 2 clowns and a small goby work? I may not even get one, i'm just wondering to see if it would be manageable for me.

Thanks for that, if i got a 10, would 2 clowns and a small goby work? I may not even get one, i'm just wondering to see if it would be manageable for me.

You're gonna get many different answers! Most people are gonna say that for a 10 gallon, 2 Clownfish is way to much. It's not even enough for one. I agree with people when they say that, but it can be done. I would definitely only do 1 clown if you were decided on have clowns. I had 1 in a 12, and it was good! When I upgraded to a 20 I got another one! Know that it's not about how much room they have really, it's more about bioload. In a 10, the most id do is one clown and maybe a pistol/goby combo! Thats even pushing it!

But to each their own!

Thanks everyone! Does anyone have any idea what the cost would be total for the basics of a 10G SW?

Back
Top Bottom