New & need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cirith

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question about using prime/ api master test for freshwater. Still trying to get my tank cycled with my fish in it, and was doing some research last night. I saw a video where I guy put a few drops of prime into a very dark nitrite reading and it instantly went to 0 nitrites. Am I possibly getting nitrites and not seeing them because I dose my tank with prime & stability daily? Parameters have been, 40 gallon breeder at 79-80 degrees Fahrenheit, .25-.75 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrates, 7.8-8 ph. I’ve been doing water changes to keep the ammonia below 1 for the fish even though I’m priming it daily. Tanks been up and running since 12/30/18. Feb 8th I had to break down my larger hob filter and clean it due to a corydora somehow getting into it and died causing a big ammonia spike. I’ve been doing stability since the filter cleaning. Also added some tetra safe start plus and old filter media from Petco a couple times. Trying to speed it up. Tanks stocked with 7 corydora, 5 zebra danios, 1 veil angle, 1 rainbow shark, 1 pictus cat. All seem happy and eat well when I do decide to feed them. (Keeping feeding to a minimum)

Just go a few days without prime then test the water. Prime is good for making harmful things less harmful but water changes lower the bad stuff as well.

Did you change the title or remove some comments from your original post? I can see them while using the app on my phone, however while looking at my computer things are changed or missing.

I posted in 2 places due to trying to figure out this new app. I copied and pasted one of my post from fb. Added some extra stuff in the off topic section I believe. Also thanked the ppl in the wrong post lol

Back
Top Bottom