New pecking order among chromises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
I must share this with AA. I lost my largest chromis three days ago, leaving three and two clowns. Anyway, that night things started happening among the three chromises left behind.

The ritual of, who's now the big guy, began. Swimming around the live rock, through the live rocks, shimmying and weaving between plants. More shimmying, and more weaving until the hyerarchy was settled among them. The next in line, the second largest, has taken over the hiding space among the live rock and is now the leader in the tank.

Now all is back to normal and the clowns again, swim with the chromis. It was quite an education watching this as it evolved. Thought you all might enjoy this. :soap:

How long have you had them? I have tried chromis twice and they always die one by one

I've had them about 8 months. They seem healthy always swimming and they eat like they're starving but, I know different. I'm setting up a new 50 gal. Transferring and acclimating the fish I now have is the scarry part. I don't want to lose any. Good luck with your 75.

Back
Top Bottom