New plants and light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deteriminati0nn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a newly planted 10g tank and for the top at the moment I'm using a large plastic bag. Is this going to effect the lighting for the plants if so i can change it i was just having a hard time finding the right sized glass top.

Attachments

• 20200606_160224.jpg
    20200606_160224.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200606_160220.jpg
    20200606_160220.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200606_160237.jpg
    20200606_160237.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 41
Clean glass with reflex about 10% of the light on average, I would assume that plastic would reflex a little bit more.

I would say the thickness of the plastic would matter, the curvature could be focusing light sources in a few desired locations...cut the plastic precisely where the light source is (not magic engineering) and you should be good, but you will always have evaporation, dont sacrifice good light for a inch of water

It is a NICREW classicLED Aquarium light and which I recently ordered from amazon in hopes it would be strong enough. I also considered beforehand having no top at all but since I have a betta fish and they are jumpers considered this a safer alternative. Though I will cut that hole and decrease the water level just a bit, and see how it goes. Thank you so much!

My betta lives in a 5g bowl, with no top lid, just his light, he never jumped, i also cut a piece o plastic board "plate" (5cm-4cm) and i let the surface tension of the water hold it.
Because he dont have a lot of hiding spots(just 1 young anubia), so that works like a shadow area for him, and HE LOVES IT, I didn't think it would work but he stays there sometimes just chilling under his roof, lol

I actually have 3 other bettas and I put indian almond leaves in their tanks and often times find them just chillin under and following the leaf as it floats around so I know exactly what you mean and its honestly the cutest thing. But thank you again for the advice I will see if this helps out and if not will invest in a glass lid for him.

Back
Top Bottom