New project *pics* Really!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This thing would be done by now if I didn't diy on it. This is my new display. It's 115,000 gallons. I know its looks smaller, but that's because I'm almost 20' tall so my chairs and table are huuuuuge! :lol:

Really it's 36" square and 18" tall and sitting on my homemade stand with about 3/4 of my total live rock and another 50 of new base in it cycling away happily. The canopy hasn't been started yet, but since I don't need it until the cycle is done I'm in no huge hurry. I'll be moving my current lighting over to the new canopy, so saving a couple bucks there.

Also posted is the new 29g fuge. It's an all new design for me, dictated by the requirement to have both the intake and pump on the same side. The fuge fits nice and tight inside the stand, couldn't have planned it better if I had actually done some planning. It will also have a float switch for topoff and whatever skimmer I end up buying.

When it's all said and done I think I'll have a total of about $400 invested before livestock. Not too bad for a 140'ish gallon reef.

And a day later, the canopy is done except for stain.

Aw, I was looking forward to see the 115,000 gal. I figured you finally converted the pool/backyard from a few months ago. :wink:

umm i think you have a really big miss type. it is not 115,000 gal it is more like 115 gal. and just as a heads up "= inches and '=feet. with the size that you gave us it is only like 115.

Ya, 'twas a joke. Anyway, pics are resized and up. One step closer to not having to build anything. Btw, that is THE trojan horse. I can fit like 30 fully armed soldiers in there...

Back
Top Bottom