New Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
:)Does anyone have these colorful Rams in there collection? I just purchased them. They are named Veil Tale Ram Thanks

Attachments

• viel take Ram.jpg
    viel take Ram.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 155
Still a Baloon ram. No such thing as veil tail. There are wild caught rams, German blue rams, electric blue ram and gold rams. Throw long finned or Baloon in front and that's what you have if you have them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Still a Baloon ram. No such thing as veil tail. There are wild caught rams, German blue rams, electric blue ram and gold rams. Throw long finned or Baloon in front and that's what you have if you have them.

All the following are variations of the German Blue Ram: Electric, gold, balloon, veil tail, etc. And, the German Blue Ram is the tank raised name for the Blue Rams. All the same fish. Yet I have read that the Balloons are the least healthy of them all.

Here is an image of 3 out of 4 of mine from last night:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461153986.391473.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461154017.143874.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461154036.876531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All the following are variations of the German Blue Ram: Electric, gold, balloon, veil tail, etc. And, the German Blue Ram is the tank raised name for the Blue Rams. All the same fish. Yet I have read that the Balloons are the least healthy of them all.

Here is an image of 3 out of 4 of mine from last night:
View attachment 286287View attachment 286288View attachment 286289

One in middle pic is dying

This was mine a week before he died. Once they've taken to the bottom, propped up on fins... not good..

Attachments

• 1461170203248.jpg
    1461170203248.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 89
A week, then it died.

Then mine is not dying. Mine has done that for months now. He does swim around too. Notice how there is a cholla wood above him that also limits his space. IDK.

Everything is dying, some faster than others I suppose...

That sounds sad. Have you medicated that tank? Maybe consider taking it down and sterilize everything in it before restarting?

That sounds sad. Have you medicated that tank? Maybe consider taking it down and sterilize everything in it before restarting?

Now why would I take down an entire tank for the death of one ram? The 10 green neons, 10 rummy nose tetras, 2 amano shrimp and 4 khulis loaches were unphased.

Lol. He was explaining that everything will die one day, the ram unfortunately died earlier than the others. No fish/species can live forever no matter how well you take care of it.

But rams usually die sooner/faster than most. And Baloon rams does even faster than the other rams that die fast anyways is my point;)

I have 4 male German Blue Rams in my tank. None of them are as colorful as the ones that chykityta's. I love these fish. I had a couple of Electric Blues that were beautiful, but they only lasted 2 weeks.
I have one GBR that is well over two years old.

Back
Top Bottom