New setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all. I have a 72 and 90 gal mbuna tank and have 3 fish holding. I got new 36 gal today and set up w Carib live sand and water from other tank as well as 2 new hob filters. I didn't rinse sand as it said not to but now I have this foam at top of water. Any idea if I let it go or do something about it? Waters really cloudy. Only been running couple hrs

Hi all. I have a 72 and 90 gal mbuna tank and have 3 fish holding. I got new 36 gal today and set up w Carib live sand and water from other tank as well as 2 new hob filters. I didn't rinse sand as it said not to but now I have this foam at top of water. Any idea if I let it go or do something about it? Waters really cloudy. Only been running couple hrs

U really should have rinsed the sand. The water would not have the foam and would not be cloudy. Now, u just have to wait for the filters to clean the water. If your net is fine-meshed enough, scoop out the foam and throw it away. Water will take a while to clear.

Thx. It's clearing now for sure. Ill b sure to rinse sand no matter what. It's much finer than other tanks I have so its worse than I'm used to

Thx. It's clearing now for sure. Ill b sure to rinse sand no matter what. It's much finer than other tanks I have so its worse than I'm used to

Fine sand seems to cloud water more than larger grained sand. Next time u get sand, fill up around 1/3 of a 5 gallon Home Depot/lowes bucket with sand. Stick a garden hose into the sand and turn on water to a medium flow. Do not do too fast flow or else sand will get washed away. Let water overflow until water is clear.

Back
Top Bottom