New squammie clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So after 7 years, I've finally decided to get a clam. :)

I took my time and the acclimation went well. He's opened up andis looking pretty good now, but my alk is low. Calcium is 420, but alk is at 6. 1.024sg.

Any suggestions on why it's low and how to bring it up gently? Should I perform another pwc tonight?

I do a water change every week (slacked a bit over holiday and it went to 2 weeks for a bit) with 10g. Tropic Marin pro reef.

All else is rly growing like a weed since I switched salts. Any insight is very much appreciated! Thx.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422836769.374346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! ?

She's a has great color. Still trying to raise the dkh up a bit.

It's low either because something is using it up, or your salt mix is low from the start. I would bring it up with an alkalinity additive. I use BRS's bulk soda ash.

Thanks for the reply mr. X.

So it looks like this salt batch is mixing slow alkalinity...you were correct. Shame on my for getting lazy and not checking the new batch of salt.

So, I swapped out 25g last night (buffered up to 440 calcium and 10 dkh with tropic Marin bio calcium) and will swap out another 30g tomorrow and see if I can bring it up. Plus my trates were a little higher than I'd like so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Although my wife is going to leave me soon enough if I keep spending all my free evening time with the kids and than the aquarium. Ha!!

Back
Top Bottom