new tank almost finished for discus fishes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unfortunately - today - the bully discus that i had for two years died, so im only left of one original discus for my aquarium and the rest are new acquired ones - hopefully they would feel right at home immediately and start forming the pecking order. i was so stressed.

anyway - heres a pic of my discus fishes - theyre still trying to figure out who's who in the pecking order lol

57357-albums8968-picture34659.jpg

laoski said:
anyway - heres a pic of my discus fishes - theyre still trying to figure out who's who in the pecking order lol

Dang they are beautiful. Why did the bully die?

Dang they are beautiful. Why did the bully die?

thanks! well i was hoping nobody would ask that lol, it was so stressy with him ,i removed him from the tank since i already drained water from my old tank and disasembled everything, i had to keep the poor guy in the bucket, i think he got stressed from the moving too much. i know it was cruel but, i couldnt let him bully the new ones which costed 3x more than him - got him for only 20 bucks when he ws still a penny size lol and turned more than 7 inches big!

laoski said:
thanks! well i was hoping nobody would ask that lol, it was so stressy with him ,i removed him from the tank since i already drained water from my old tank and disasembled everything, i had to keep the poor guy in the bucket, i think he got stressed from the moving too much. i know it was cruel but, i couldnt let him bully the new ones which costed 3x more than him - got him for only 20 bucks when he ws still a penny size lol and turned more than 7 inches big!

Lol. Don't blame you there!!

Looks great man. I would say don't worry about putting more decoration in there. Eventually those plants will get nice and big

ichslayer - thank you ^_^ i hope they grew well as i dont have co2 injection or any fertilizer in the aquarium lol

Absolutely gorgeous!! You picked good! ;-) I'm really sorry to hear about your "bully" though. Hopefully these guys figure it all out among themselves so you don't have to go through that again.

Absolutely gorgeous!! You picked good! ;-) I'm really sorry to hear about your "bully" though. Hopefully these guys figure it all out among themselves so you don't have to go through that again.

discus' will test one's ultimate patience and composure. it could drive someone insane and go bananas lol.

here is a partial view of my tank. i decided that the decoration will stay as it is. i will use the extra money to buy 1-2 more discus' and a couple more of shoaling fishes.

i cut an excess part of the big red moorwood on the right and hanged it in the middle so that it covers the gap of the two backgrounds. perhaps in the "future" ill add more plants.

i fortunately captured a pic of the discus' schooling together but unfortunately, i still couldnt get a complete pic of the 6 of them schooling together but nevertheless, theyre doing great!

57357-albums8968-picture34729.jpg

make sure the rhizomes on those java ferns are up out of the substrate. For liquid fertilizer i recommend kent pro-plant. I've had great results with it for those exact type of plants without using CO2. They didn't get huge right away, but they did get big after a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom