New tank awesome deal!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msesfazey

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up a new tank today on Craigslist was an awesome deal. 55gal I'm so excited to get it up And cycled!! :)

Probably a cichlid mix. Not sure I got it up and filters going last night so I have a while till I can add fish to it yet. Lol probably have to wait till next pay day.

Wow. Looks nice. Did it come with a stand. My boyfriend and I want to get a new 55 or larger set up and I found a few decent deals on Craigslist, but he is against buying a tank off Craigslist. He says he's afraid we will end up getting ripped off, like someone selling us a tank with leaking seams, or some other problem we would miss. Yours sure looks nice though. Do you know what you're gonna put in it yet?

Petco is running a dollar a gallon right now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll probably make it a cichlid tank. But I guess it's just a matter of if you know what to look for. This particular deal was from a couple that was moving. It was up and running with fish in it. So I had to do all the work of bagging fish and homing them as well as draining the tank and cleaning out 4years of hard water build up and fish poop. But. For what I paid Worth it!! Lol. I've seen the same set up for 150-350 bucks.

When buying a used tank though I would not recommend paying more then 1$ a gallon. You would be better off buying new. However deals are out there. I browse craigslist for fish stuff daily just to see if I find something I can't live without.

Good advice. I should check craigslist more often for some cheaper driftwood. :)

Newbiefish34 - I knew about the petco sale, but I thought it was for 40 gallons or less. I will have to check into that. Petsmart had a tank\stand combo for $200.00 that was 60 gallons, so I've been considering that as well.

I really like the way the sand looks. My hubby wants to get a little rake for it. Lol.

Envee if you want cheap driftwood let me know I got tons and I'm selling cheap

Good advice. I should check craigslist more often for some cheaper driftwood. :)

Newbiefish34 - I knew about the petco sale, but I thought it was for 40 gallons or less. I will have to check into that. Petsmart had a tank\stand combo for $200.00 that was 60 gallons, so I've been considering that as well.

Petco $1/gal I believe is 55 and less. But the $200 petsmart combo sounds like a good deal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom