New tank help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tqy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a budget of around $200+ a few dollars more to get a community tank I have a betta but in a really small tank that has no pump or filter ( I know it's torture for the betta ) so I decided to get a larger tank by asking you guys. Btw the budget includes everything. And I don't need a heater cause the temperature is around 23-27 degrees all year round.

Hi and welcome! So you want to add the betta to a community tank or is this seperate? Bettas can be hit or miss in community tanks. At the very least I would get the betta it's own 5 gal tank with filter and heater; I would advise a heater just to keep the temp in the tank stable as fish don't like fluctuations and 23 is a bit on the cooler side for bettas.

For a larger community tank, what's the largest size you would be able to keep (e.g. 30 gal, etc)?

Actually I think I'll just get a new bigger tank and add tank mates for my betta what are some suitable tank mates for my betta?

Back
Top Bottom