New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need everyone to vote for my Oct POTM on the "site votes" page... Yes, shameless plug... lol

So after work today, I'm going to start cleaning the sides of the tank, leaving the back alone. Reason being is the snails and starfish still need stuff to eat. I will also be doing another pwc after I get done scrubbing. My water is clear now, but totally green when I dumped the pwc last night. Any advice about this idea would be helpful.

Someone with two thumbs got new additions today... This guy! Mimic yellow tang and feather duster!

Last edited:
Kio707 said:
Someone with two thumbs got new additions today... This guy! Mimic yellow tang and feather duster!

Very nice! They both look great! I also have bought a Feather Duster lately! :)

Best pic I could get right now.. He's still skittish... It's eating algae off the clam... Clam doesn't seem to mind... I'll put up an algae sheet tonight..

Last edited:
Maybe corals... Think I'm pretty fully stocked... Idk.. May add a surprise if it catches my eye... But I still have a 180g to plan for....

coffeetwitch said:
have you found the tank? or do you have to wait until your bday?

Found one on CL for 350. Comes with sump and lights. Issue is it's 1-2 hr away, past Denver. What she doesn't know can't hurt me... Yet... Lol... It'll be a early b'day present...

Back
Top Bottom