New tank new to saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And how about fish/inverts? I already have two snails and hermits in there

How I usually do it is as follows : cycle the tank , wait 1 week after cycle completes to ensure u don't get another ammonia spike and let things stabilize, after the week I add either my smallest planned fish or a cuc if I still have some diatoms, then I wait another 2-3 weeks to let the bio-filter mature and adjust to the live stock. After those couple weeks I'll add some coral ( not sps ), the most important thing is to add slowly so your system can keep up

Ten gallons is way to small in my opinion. It's going to be tough to keep anything alive

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ten gallons is way to small in my opinion. It's going to be tough to keep anything alive

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not true at all, I started with a 10 and it thrived for over 2 years before I upgraded it to a 40b. The nice thing about small tanks is it's easy to do very large percentage wc's. It's true your params can swing easily but you can also easily change out 80% of the water should something arise

Have you cycled this tank? I didn't hear anything about that being done, just the setting it up a couple weeks ago. That needs to be done prior to adding fish and could kill what you have in now.

Having a 10g reef is tricky because the water volume is small and things can fluctuate quickly... temp, parameters, salinity, etc. Reefs want stability. It can be done, but bigger is easier.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392680725.922851.jpg

Would this light support coral? In don't really know anything about what lighting is required for corals

Back
Top Bottom