New Tank, Plant talk, & need lots of HELP please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtank3

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently bought a new 20 gallon tank from the Petco dollar per gallon sale. I have also bought an Aqueon 100 watt heater as well as an Aqueon quiet flow 20. I plan to fill this large tank with 1 male guppy and 3 female, I chose this amount to fill this tank because I do want them to breed so I needed a place for them to grow .
On to my question.
I want fake plants because I don't yet have enough money to purchase the type of live plants that I would like to showcase and I could not yet afford the upkeep of them. The only thing is I don't know how I would like to place said plants. Here are my plans

Background: tall plants in the back corners sort of coming out into the back middle of the tank and then in the middle of the tank a bubble wand

Middle ground: some medium plants that over lap each other and some places to hide like a sideways terracotta planting pot or I plant to take the coconut meat out of a coconut and remove everything in it let it dry out cut 1/3 off and place it side ways with an entry hole

foreground: small low plants imitating moss, rocks, and other small things such as a marimo moss ball

I need a place that has lots of fake plants for cheap and I need to find at least a 10 inch bubble wand that works not one that dies out at the end

if you have some info that could help me please don't hesitate to comment
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

sincerely,
:fish1::fish2:fishtank3:fish2::fish1:

ps. my tan is an aqueon all glass high tank

Last edited:
I have recently bought a new 20 gallon tank from the Petco dollar per gallon sale. I have also bought an Aqueon 100 watt heater as well as an Aqueon quiet flow 20. I plan to fill this large tank with 1 male guppy and 3 female, I chose this amount to fill this tank because I do want them to breed so I needed a place for them to grow .
On to my question.
I want fake plants because I don't yet have enough money to purchase the type of live plants that I would like to showcase and I could not yet afford the upkeep of them. The only thing is I don't know how I would like to place said plants. Here are my plans

Background: tall plants in the back corners sort of coming out into the back middle of the tank and then in the middle of the tank a bubble wand

Middle ground: some medium plants that over lap each other and some places to hide like a sideways terracotta planting pot or I plant to take the coconut meat out of a coconut and remove everything in it let it dry out cut 1/3 off and place it side ways with an entry hole

foreground: small low plants imitating moss, rocks, and other small things such as a marimo moss ball

I need a place that has lots of fake plants for cheap and I need to find at least a 10 inch bubble wand that works not one that dies out at the end

if you have some info that could help me please don't hesitate to comment
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

sincerely,
:fish1::fish2:fishtank3:fish2::fish1:

ps. my tan is an aqueon all glass high tank

Tank*

This has been a public service announcement published by fishtank3

Petsmart in my area usually has TONS of fake plants, rock, and driftwood. More than enough to meet your needs and find what you're looking for. We'd love to see some pics when you get it setup! (y)

Thanks I'll be sure to post some when I get it up and running

This has been a public service announcement published by fishtank3

Back
Top Bottom