NEW TANK!!! (questions)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think my fishies are safe for the time being? I should be testing everday until levels are perfect then just during water cahnges?

yeah, as long as you keep the ammonia and nitrite at 0, they should be fine. It would be a very good idea to get some kind of bacteria supplement though... That will help keep them down.

well Mrripfrog recommended the superbac nitrifying bacteria, i always add some api stresszyme every time i set up a tank. Some people will say it wont help, but i think it has, as my tanks have all cycled super quick.

k cool thanks a lot and i wasn't sure about the superbac bc Mrripfrog said something about saltwater. I will definately give it a try. Thanks a lot!

yeah, they make sw bacteria and fw bacteria... if you get the superbac, make sure you get the fw kind... the stresszyme is only for sw, they do have a marine version, but its not called the same thing.

yeah, they make sw bacteria and fw bacteria... if you get the superbac, make sure you get the fw kind... the stresszyme is only for sw, they do have a marine version, but its not called the same thing.

Yep, exactly what mfdrookie said about the Superbac. There is both a "Freshwater" and "Saltwater" version of the product. You will definitely need the "Freshwater" version if you decide to use it.

There are also other bacteria products out there from various companies but I don't know much about them. I have heard stories of most bacteria's not working but I have had great success with the Superbac. You can read about my story here:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/starting-tank-again-advice-please-pics-119907.html

I am surprised that you already have that much conversion going on in your tank, being around 2-weeks new and all and nothing added. You are doing something right if your Ammonia and Nitrite's are 0.

oops, i said stresszyme is only for sw... i meant stresszyme is only for fw, but they make a marine version... wow... too many late nights on here...

would you recommend both the stresszyme and superbac or just one of them?

Back
Top Bottom