New tank setup malawi cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markusroberts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I'm looking to do a new tank set up when I feel I know enough about them, I've read online that it's better to overstock so they dont territorial, I'm thinking of getting a roma 125 as I've already got two and I will be running the fluval u4 and a fluval u3 how many maximum can I put it?

AquaTanked

Overstock is really only applied to tanks that are all male show tanks. If you have a 1M:3F ratio per species, then overstock isn't necessary for the most part; however if you plan on having females & breeding, you should make sure that there are enough hiding places and distinct territories for your males to rule over. Though there will always be that 1 bad apple that wants to rule over the entire tank, which is just something you have to watch and adjust on the go. A 33 gallon tank is somewhat small, what is the length of the tank? You'll probably only be able to keep 1 species of mbuna if you plan on having females, try to at least upgrade to a 55 gallon tank and you'll be able to open yourself to a wider variety :)

Back
Top Bottom