New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milliemara

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, I recently bought a new fish tank which is 240l to house my two fancy goldfish. I have had it running for about a week now, I have added lots of live plants and some rocks and plants from my old tank to try and speed the cycle. I was also using Nutrafin Cycle.

I was using the filter that came with the tank ( it had been used) and turns out there was a colony of MTS in it. These have now begun to live in my tank but I'm not too worried about them.

The filter I am using (I got a new one) is a tetra EX 1200

I tested today, my ammonia is 0ppm, my nitrite is 0ppm and my nitrates are a bit under 5.0ppm.

When can I add my fish? They are very cramped in their tank and want to move them as soon as. I can add their filter into the new tank and transfer the substrate and remaining decor. When is the soonest I can move them?

Thank you! :)

Is the ph on their present tank the same as the new tank? If so, just move the filter from their present tank over to the new tank and run with the new filter for atleast 4 weeks together. You then can move them right over. If the ph between the two tanks has a difference greater than .2, take some time to drip acclimate to their new water. Once moved, just monitor the parameters in the new tank daily for a few weeks to make sure everything is staying stable. Please ask if you have questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom