New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j30084

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I'm new to the saltwater tank community. Our tank is only about 10 days old and I'm hoping to get pics up soon. I do have a couple things I would like help identifying from our live rock and currently I'm working to kill off the aiptasia in the tank. I have aiptasia x as well as 2 peppermint shrimp who stay out of sight most of the time. Since I am new to this I would like any help I can get. Thank all.:thanks:

Aptasia x will be your best shot right now and you probably don't wanna hear this but your shrimps will probably die inverts are very sensitive to the water parameters have you heard about cycling?

the only thing i know about cycling is that it should take our tank about 3-4 to completely cycle...

I introduced peppermints into my Red Sea max when I suffered from an Aptasia outbreak, at first they were brilliant killing everyone at the front of my tank. However, eventually I noticed them not eating them anymore and I think it's because they've become happy with eating and scavenging of the left over flake after i've finished feeding my fish.

Cycling is probably the most important part of any aquarium it may take 4-6 weeks but it can take longer you don't really want anything in the tank during this time also you should invest in the API master test kit it's gonna help more then you think

I'm new to the saltwater world about 3 months, learned the hard way about cycling, the test kits are a GodsendImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389205064.466616.jpg I have a 125 gallon

Back
Top Bottom