New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77speedyturtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all its a fabulous day. I'm going to pick up a new/used tank today. Not sure the size here's a pic she sent me. She said it's about 40" long. Tank, stand,hood,light,filter, for just $30.00. ? I'm doing my happy dance. I pick it up at 4 p.m. Today. I keep you all posted ???

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 67
Looks like maybe a 46gallon bowfront but I can't be sure lol. They are 36" wide with stand maybe 38". The 72s are 48" wide.

Either way I am very jealous. Lol
Good luck! It will be a beautiful tank.

Hey all its a fabulous day. I'm going to pick up a new/used tank today. Not sure the size here's a pic she sent me. She said it's about 40" long. Tank, stand,hood,light,filter, for just $30.00. ? I'm doing my happy dance. I pick it up at 4 p.m. Today. I keep you all posted ???

nice looking tank. just make sure to check it over for cracks and if she will allow you to fill it before you buy to check for leaks. that is a great deal for $30. any ideas yet on what you are going to do with it?

Yeah it needs a lot of cleaning.,good ole Midwest water. It holds water but I'm going to do a complete rehab. Remove glue an reseal. Wish me luck. Oh I got a 55gal an lid to. Score.

Awesome!

Keep us posted!

Any idea what you are putting in it yet?
Yeah it needs a lot of cleaning.,good ole Midwest water. It holds water but I'm going to do a complete rehab. Remove glue an reseal. Wish me luck. Oh I got a 55gal an lid to. Score.

Alright man was that tank dirty. I showed a pic of the 55 gal to let you see how filthy the tank was. So I've cleaned and rehabed the tank. I cleaned an added extra support to the stand. I've decided to use a spare 10 gallon tank an make my first sump. The 10 fits perfect in the stand. I got to call some places to get four pieces of cut plexiglass for the sump an looking on eBay right now to figure out what heater an pump for the sump. The tank is going to be heavily planted. Haven't decided on species yet, but it will be fresh water. I had this huge piece of black pumice rock that I've carried around for years. I busted it into three pieces. I found one piece of nice chollo wood. I think at least two more pieces. Haven't decided on substrate yet. So thats it for now I'll keep every one posted as it comes around.

Attachments

• IMG_20180726_105230_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180726_105230_hdr.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20180726_105401_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180726_105401_hdr.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20180726_105310_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180726_105310_hdr.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 53
I'm going to paint the back navy blue. Think about two three inches red flint an top with black sand for substrate. I'm searching for the right pieces of driftwood, which is kinda hard. I'm trying to find vendors who will send a pic of the wood before I purchase. I know I'm thinking of a school of cpds. Still working also on finding precut baffles for the sump i want to build for it.

Yeah time an money on my. Project still on track but it's going to take time. I'm going to paint the back tomorrow. I bought the pump that I'm going to use for the sump. I'm still working on the design for the overflow tube. I just ordered a 48" led light with remote an all the cool features. It is refurbished i found it on eBay for $ 40.00��. The project is going to take a little longer. We just lost a roommate so my fishy play money got zapped.��. I'll post pics as I build the sump. After I finish the build on the siphon I'm going to run it in the basement for a week and simulate power outages and siphon clogs. That way I don't have to worry about flooding .hope all is good for all.����

Back
Top Bottom