new tanks! score!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovemydragongoby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
we just got the most wickedest deal ever! ha!
55gal, 25gal, 2 10gals. filters, pumps, lights. a stand for the 55. all rocks plants etc. and to top it all off a breeding pair of convicts along with about 50+ fry. an albino cichlid of some sort and a crayfish....all for the small price of....$100!!!! i couldn't believe it!

holy moly tank city!!! hope you know someone or some LFS that will buy your convicts' babies... they'll keep makin babies like little rabbits!! and be careful with crayfish... they're known to be fish snackers! good luck! :D

thanks guys we're just moving the convicts into their tank now. we're going to set up the 55 for my bgk, barbs and mollies. i think the other 2 will be used to mix salt for our 80gal brackish tank. and i'm going to post an add for the babies. how much do those things go for?

Most fish cost more the bigger they are. I know around here, for goldfish, the babies (moors etc) are about $3, but the big ones are around $15.

well, i think there are about 4 different sizes in fry. some are just under an inch and the smallest are probably a few days old i think. there are 4 adults, i'll have to research them. but there are 3 that are like a bluish with stripes and 1 of them is kind of pink, so i'm thinking maybe an albino? i don't know anything about cichlids. i just looked up the basics for now. temp and how to landscape it.

we're going to use the 25 for my GSP. the 55 for my BGK, barbs and mollies. the cons are in one of the 10s but we can move them to the 20 that the bgk is in after we make the move and everything. and the other 10 we will use to mix salt along with my 15 thats in storage.

i can't believe 2 months ago i started out with a 20, then an 80, now i have these ones. i think my mts has come to stop as that's all the room i have lol

If they're convict fry, you probably won't be able to give them away fast enough. I'd try to find something that will eat them.

Back
Top Bottom