New to aquariums, always liked fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just googles it. Found some pretty crazy results.
One possibility, your fish has been infected by a parasite.
On the other, and this one sounds pretty likely due to circumstance, it is a sign of healing from injury caused by ammonia, low ph etc.

It's very possible. Keep up with the pwc's.
Sounds like your tank and fish are on the road to recovery.
(unfortunately I couldn't find a fish pun that would fit)

Haha 3 out of 10??? Dang.
And don't use the medicine if they don't have ich. And ich is white not black so don't use it

oh ****, i already put it in the tank, it said its good for any bacterial infections so i figured it wouldnt hurt..

Ohh okay. It might be okay then.

Carbon in the filter and water changes will get it out when you're ready

the package says wait 24 hours then do a pwc add more then put carbon filters in. it requires u to remove the two carbon filter during the mediction process.

hmmm makes sense, i found some stuff called seachem headstart, it includes, prime, stability, and clarity; anybody ever used these before? if these last three dont make it im going to restart and maybe try using the stability for my next fishless cycle. if they do make it, i want to get maybe one or two koi for them to chill with. :fish2:

oh and there all off the bottom now, there swimming pretty close to the top but they dont seem to be tripping or acting funny.

Koi can get 24 inches. But the growth process all depends on the space they are in and the food they are given. Can take years.

Ok so I've gotten my ammonia test kit and tested it 3 days ago. The ammonia was at 2.0ppm ( yikes ). I've done two water changes since and when i woke up this morning, i'm at 0 ppm. If it keeps below 0 and my water stays clear, can i get 3 more fish for my tank? I have one lone goldfish in a 55 gallon tank atm. He's so lonely, i named him felix, i guess hes a guy, have no clue about fish and sex. Hes been alive through the deaths of all his brothers ( all 8 of them ). Ive tried to keep the tank as stable as possible. Im wanting a Pleco and 2 Koi sub varieties of fish, thats all that will be in the 55 gallon tank.

If that one fish can get it up to 2 then its not a good idea. I also wouldn't get koi. You could do so much more with that tank.

Pretty much anything that's not a fin nipper or aggressive. You gotta remember the goldfish take up like ten or 20 gallons. Then base the rest of your stock on the remaining

thanks, its just the one goldfish, maybe he can go in my pond when its finished, but ive taken a liking to him and dont wanna get rid of it now. fin nippers?

Back
Top Bottom