New to cherry shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the reply.
1. What is kale is that broccoli? If not where can I get it from?
2. When I feed them I give the granule food mostly as it it has more protein in it but it does take them a while to find it and eat it...

3. As for the water change I defo do water changes every week for sure without fail so I guess that's fine. I just did a water change today.
4. Does that mean the shrimps that is saddled should berried in a few days after molting?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

1. It is a leafy green vegetable. Google it. You've probably seen it before. If broccoli and spinach got together, the outcome would resemble kale.
2. Non-enthusiastic feeding maybe a sign of poor health. It was mentioned in the article. Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. It might be how the shrimp were handled prior to you obtaining them. Hard to say.
3. Always a good thing.
4. Maybe. Depends on if there are males present and if they mate. 10 of the first 15 shrimp I owned died after molting. None became berried. Ordered 20 from an AA member. Actually received 26; 4 were already berried. They were well taken care of before they were shipped to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1. It is a leafy green vegetable. Google it. You've probably seen it before. If broccoli and spinach got together, the outcome would resemble kale.
2. Non-enthusiastic feeding maybe a sign of poor health. It was mentioned in the article. Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. It might be how the shrimp were handled prior to you obtaining them. Hard to say.
3. Always a good thing.
4. Maybe. Depends on if there are males present and if they mate. 10 of the first 15 shrimp I owned died after molting. None became berried. Ordered 20 from an AA member. Actually received 26; 4 were already berried. They were well taken care of before they were shipped to me.

Oh ok is there any frozen kale or something I could feed them?
Also does zucchini have calcium in it if so I can feed them that.
But the thing is the shrimps seem fine they are running around from plant to plant so I don't know about that...
There are defo males in the tank and i have had these for about 2 weeks or so and have molted multiple times

Oh ok is there any frozen kale or something I could feed them?
Also does zucchini have calcium in it if so I can feed them that.
But the thing is the shrimps seem fine they are running around from plant to plant so I don't know about that...
There are defo males in the tank and i have had these for about 2 weeks or so and have molted multiple times

I personally don't feed mine any veg, that's just me.

They're most likely cleaning the biofilm off the plants.

I've had my reds for over a month. Had one berried who died for unknown reasons. I see lots of molts which I do leave in the tank. They're active, have good color so I just assume it's a matter of time.

Oh ok that fine.
If I feed them zucchini will that provide the calcium that they need?

How long does it take for a saddled female to become pregnant or berried?

Also I have a few shrimps that are very light red how do I get them to bring their colour out?

The light red ones are most likely males. They just don't get as red as females

Yeah I know that but some of my females are a bit lighter.

Also If I feed them zucchini will that provide the calcium that they need?

How long does it take for a saddled female to become pregnant or berried?

I currently have the temp at 24C in a open top tank is that the correct temp for them to encourage them to breed?

Honestly to me they look like all males. My females are a lot brighter and all red. Those look almost marbled - clear and white- like my males

Honestly to me they look like all males. My females are a lot brighter and all red. Those look almost marbled - clear and white- like my males

There are 2 in those pictures that are bright red arent they? If not at least the middle picture is a bright shrimp.

Im really hoping for there to be a female in there i want to start breeding them...
My tank temp is 24C but it is an open top tank is that a good enough temp for them to start breeding?

Also what could i feed them that has high calcium in it to kind of supplement calcium for their shells

The middle one possibly. If you are really worried about calcium and molting you can add a piece of cuttlebone to the tank.

I just googled and the page I found said 25-27 is the optimal temp.

Can you get a picture of them from above? Females get saddles. I don't see that on any of them but maybe from the top instead of side? If there is no saddle it means all males. Unless they are super young

The middle one possibly. If you are really worried about calcium and molting you can add a piece of cuttlebone to the tank.

I just googled and the page I found said 25-27 is the optimal temp.

Can you get a picture of them from above? Females get saddles. I don't see that on any of them but maybe from the top instead of side? If there is no saddle it means all males. Unless they are super young

Yeah i have looked online may people use that but how does it work?
Plus isn't that for birds?

Ahh ok thanks i have put my temp up to 26C that would be fine right? i dont want my shrimps dying....

Here are a few more pictures of the different shrimps i hope they help :ermm:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I keep my temperature at 78F and they thrive. Fast breeding and very active!

Hello I'm also new to rcs and I've been reading this thread for awhile and was wondering if I could have assassin snails with my rcs to get rid of a very big snail problem

Hello I'm also new to rcs and I've been reading this thread for awhile and was wondering if I could have assassin snails with my rcs to get rid of a very big snail problem

What kind of snails? Pond snails? Assassin snails should be fine.
I have MTS and this is what happens every time I drop in some food:
ZUmgJoZ.png

What kind of snails? Pond snails? Assassin snails should be fine.
I have MTS and this is what happens every time I drop in some food:

Nice shot! Reminds me of my shrimp at feeding time.....

I have the little one (not share what there called) but I just got to assassins so I'm gonna try it out

Back
Top Bottom