New to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's called turtle lake down here in Panama City, and they only check the new tanks

And I am required to have 100k in renters to live here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called turtle lake down here in Panama City, and they only check the new tanks

And I am required to have 100k in renters to live here

But they still do monthly walk throughs? Is it no tank over 30 gallons or 30 gallons total?

I have to have 100k worth too and they don't even say anything lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From a landlords standpoint, 30 gallons on the floor?? Maybe $1500 in damages..300 gallons on the 2nd floor?? Full gut and renovation... I've been trying to keep the landlord out my 3rd floor apt. For a while now.. I've been fixing stuff myself haha.. no no...I'll change all the light bulbs landlord.. no problem:) that is pretty lame they stroll through monthly heck..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From a landlords standpoint, 30 gallons on the floor?? Maybe $1500 in damages..300 gallons on the 2nd floor?? Full gut and renovation... I've been trying to keep the landlord out my 3rd floor apt. For a while now.. I've been fixing stuff myself haha.. no no...I'll change all the light bulbs landlord.. no problem:) that is pretty lame they stroll through monthly heck..

I'm in a complex so only maintenance comes in my apartment and they never said a word to me when I had the place on the 2nd floor.

Nothing over 30 g and they have to be a few feet apart so it's not terrible

I'm also in a large complex and 1st floor. also 100K insurance. They don't care how many tanks all they care is the pet don't relieve its self on the floor. Its all concrete floors but the most un level concrete I have ever seen. as for walk trough's they have only done one just recently because some one was complaining about something.

Yea they walk through when pest control comes, idk if you have been to florida but the climate here is good for bugs so they spray once a month

I'm in a complex so only maintenance comes in my apartment and they never said a word to me when I had the place on the 2nd floor.

I don't want anyone in here, I'm paranoid they'd spray something or unplug something.. i have a big GFCI in my kitchen with "never unplug" in sharpee on it.. that's the other thing.. there's only one plug in each room so I've resorted to extension cords.. it's all on the up and up.. to the untrained eye it may scream fire hazard though..

I don't want anyone in here, I'm paranoid they'd spray something or unplug something.. i have a big GFCI in my kitchen with "never unplug" in sharpee on it.. that's the other thing.. there's only one plug in each room so I've resorted to extension cords.. it's all on the up and up.. to the untrained eye it may scream fire hazard though..

They schedule the walk through with me so I can make sure they don't mess with my stuff so it works out fine I guess

Yea they walk through when pest control comes, idk if you have been to florida but the climate here is good for bugs so they spray once a month

That's scary I would be standing in front of my tanks with a gun making sure they didn't spray near them.

They schedule the walk through with me so I can make sure they don't mess with my stuff so it works out fine I guess

Fair enough, at least it's on your terms. Now.. you like plants? You.like cichlids? You have a 30 gal.? Dwarfs! You can do a nice community with apistos and tetras and corys. Rams?

Fair enough, at least it's on your terms. Now.. you like plants? You.like cichlids? You have a 30 gal.? Dwarfs! You can do a nice community with apistos and tetras and corys. Rams?

Will Rams do ok with a sand substrate? And what's the best dw for tanks with them in it?

That's scary I would be standing in front of my tanks with a gun making sure they didn't spray near them.

I have been tempted to do that, they only spray kitchen and bathroom so no tanks there. I used to cover the tanks with trash bags though

Nothing over 30 g and they have to be a few feet apart so it's not terrible

LMAO that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! You can have as many 30 gallons as you want but you can't have say a 75 gallon? They clearly don't understand static loads on load bearing beams.

No they do not, but the lady who runs the complex is the head of the landlords association for the city so when I move this November I don't want her to be upset with me so I don't argue with the dumb rules and such

LMAO that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! You can have as many 30 gallons as you want but you can't have say a 75 gallon? They clearly don't understand static loads on load bearing beams.

Yea a 30 gallon is like 2 people at 150lbs standing next to each other

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I was thinking of getting a 30b but idk if I'll get another tank before I move in November . My dad is gonna give me his 125 from his office when me and the misses get our house

Or a 33L and leave 3 gallons out. Then you have a 48 x 13 foot print LOL
I see them on craigslist every now and then.
I just don't know if the 12" height would be a problem with Africans.
attachment.php

I really like the footprint on that, seems like it would be nice for a reef but I'm too afraid to dabble in sw

Back
Top Bottom