new to coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I started with a mystery thing kinda looks like xenia but I don't think it is if you can if please do lol it has a grey whitish base and brown tentacles if you touch it it sucks the brown things back in

Then bought a leather coral

Then today bought frogspawn, Duncan, candy cane

I have reef chilli for coral and flake and frozen for my fish (a pair of clowns)

And info, suggestions, tips ect. Would be appreciated

Can any of these sting me?
I read frogspawn can and candy cane can.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 82
Ok so I started with a mystery thing kinda looks like xenia but I don't think it is if you can if please do lol it has a grey whitish base and brown tentacles if you touch it it sucks the brown things back in

Then bought a leather coral

Then today bought frogspawn, Duncan, candy cane

I have reef chilli for coral and flake and frozen for my fish (a pair of clowns)

And info, suggestions, tips ect. Would be appreciated

Can any of these sting me?
I read frogspawn can and candy cane can.

I also have a frogspawn and iv handled it a could times and I never got stung but maybe I'm just lucky..

I touch my frogspawn all the time and never feel any sting

No sting here either, be careful not to overfeed your corals to much could cause algae problems. All the one you have use photosynsis to grow alittle treat won't hurt and does help just don't go overboard,

No sting here either, be careful not to overfeed your corals to much could cause algae problems. All the one you have use photosynsis to grow alittle treat won't hurt and does help just don't go overboard,

I was told to feed reef chilli every 3 days and every once in a while to feed to Duncan some frozen food

By adding to much nutrients to the water can cause problems with algae by having sufficient light these corals will grow. Hit the search for feeding corals or something similar and threads should pop up on this subject. I was feeding reef snow and tossed it after not using it for months. Water changes and feeding fish puts enough food for them. I wanted to try coral smoothie and my favorite lfs told me don't buy that you don't need it. . But you can add some just don't over do it.

Back
Top Bottom