New to fishkeeping ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weewormie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my boyfriend and I recently decided to set up a little 10 gallon tank with some community fish.
There are 3 Neon Tetras (the three stooges)
2 Fancy guppies (Old yeller & Orange Julius)
1 Golden Panda Molly (Goldie Locks)
1 Silver Molly (Dolly)
1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami (Shy)
1 Blue mystery snail
I wanted to be apart of this forum to learn to better care for our little fish, and keep them as happy and healthy as possible.

How long has the tank been set up? How are the fish getting along?
The tank has been up for 5 Days, so far the Golden Panda is the only fish showing aggression. The rest of the fish swim gracefully whereas the Golden Panda molly darts around and has nipped at a couple of the fish. We are separating him from the community aquarium tonight so hopefully he will be happier.

OK, wonderful. In that case, maybe you can add 3 more Neon Tetras so they can school together: I wouldn't add anything else fish-wise, but you might consider some Low Light plants to make the aquascape "pop". I would love to see a picture if you do not mind sharing.

Old yeller sadly passed away, but the other fish are doing great and we are acclimating goldie to his buddies again. I will definitely share a pic! How can I?
And for the tetras, once the tank is properly cycled we will look into adding a couple more :)

Back
Top Bottom