new to sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone out there know were to buy bulk colored sand with a good variety of colors that doesn't cost an arm and a leg before and/or after shipping, cause the sand I found locally at pet stores is just short of 30 bucks and any play sand I find only comes in 2 pound bags at the biggest, the size I'm looking for is 20 lbs or bigger containers.

anyone know what live plants survive in sand that aren't floaters, and thank you for the tip with Big al's as for amazon they charge 25 bucks for 25 lb boxes that's before shipping

I have swords, one large one that grows out of my 29g and some other plants that I don't know the names of. I use root tabs in the sand.

Thank you :), just came from home depot and a 50 lb bag of play sand was 5 bucks oh happy day :D, now only if they had different colors.... yea I am being a bit greedy lol

you can always cap with colored sand. I know some members use blasting sand it I think its black. Just make sure to rinse the play sand realy really well. Its quite dusty in my experience.

I would love to mix in some bright orange sand for my volcanic theme that I'm trying to achieve

Back
Top Bottom