From one newbie to another!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruela

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm new here ^_^ after reading through several posts I decided I might as well do a little "learn from me post" since there's a lot of new people like me!

Disclaimer none of this **** is scientific- just experience based- Def should have done more research before starting but now im hooked and learning daily! I advise you do the same!

Some things I have learned along my short journey:

Air flow is SO important!! Helps keep your fish alive my filter flow was DEF not enough and I lost 2 buddies to my ignorance! After adding a air line my fish are thriving, playing in the bubbles and keeps overgrowth in algea from happening!

Research the breads you already have if you haven't already and DO NOT rely solely on the information given at pet stores because half of them don't know what's going on!

When you buy your fish make sure they're bagging separately!! I lost 5 dinos during transport because they got trampled by bigger fish in the bag

Even if you're not "overfeeding them" don't feed excessively! I was told they could eat every 2 hours.... so I fed A LOT which creates excessive waste

I hope this helps someone out there <3

Back
Top Bottom