New to the community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahgillian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all! :) Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah & I live in Southern California. I got my first fish tank when I was 5- a 100 gallon freshwater tank that my dad helped me with. I am now a certified diver working at the Rainforest Cafe maintaining a 8000 gallon saltwater system- a 6500 gallon archway and two 750 gallon "s-tanks". I previously volunteered as an aquarist at the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium. Ive learned a LOT working at both places but I know that there is always more to learn; which is why Im here! :) I also hope to network with fellow fish enthusiasts so dont be afraid to say hi! I wont bite, but my puffer might :p

Welcome to the Forum!

What an interesting job. Would love to hear more about it.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I definitely do have a dream job. When I was 4 I went to the aquarium of the pacific and told my mom that when I grow up I want to be one of the "weird mermaids" haha I love it- except when the bat fish eats my hair & the cortez bites my fingers :p

@anyadvicewilldo - ur more than welcome to come visit haha ive been here since April and ive already got 4 regular creepers :X they just stand there and stare at me scrubbing. really creepy LOL

I would definitely love your job! Welcome to the community!
Haha, my puffers will happily bite as well. They are my guard fish.

SoCal FTW! Hahah what tanks do you maintain at home?

Which Rainforest Cafe? Possibly the one in Downtown Disney?

Thats one sweet job!

Gboy66 said:
SoCal FTW! Hahah what tanks do you maintain at home?

Which Rainforest Cafe? Possibly the one in Downtown Disney?

I have one little 5 gallon freshwater tank right now with a male betta. Ive been wanting a nano reef for a while but we move on tuesday and weve known for 4 months so i figured id wait till after the move. I just hope Fred (my betta) survives the move. I came home from work yesterday to a bad case of ich. I didnt think hed make the night but formalin did him good and hes swimming around again.

Nope although my boss used to work at DTD lol. I work at the Ontario Mills location.

Alyxx said:
I would definitely love your job! Welcome to the community!
Haha, my puffers will happily bite as well. They are my guard fish.

haha I love that! guard fish :p i wish I could put a moat around my front door with guard puffers bahaha

Quick question.. We're looking for another diver at my work. Can I post the listing on here or is that not allowed? If i.can, where should I post it? I cant find anything about jobs. Thanks!

sarahgillian said:
Quick question.. We're looking for another diver at my work. Can I post the listing on here or is that not allowed? If i.can, where should I post it? I cant find anything about jobs. Thanks!

Looks to me like you just did lol anyways I would private message a administrator and ask. I wish I lived there :)

Back
Top Bottom